Sunday, September 12, 2010

Page 22-23: ABCs

"ABC it's easy as 1 2 3" has been running through my mind the whole time I have worked on this page. I got my inspiration for this page here. I had to make the pocket twice, the first one I made was just too small for ALL those letters. I did have to add a couple of letters so that they will be able to spell their names... so there's about 55 letters.

When you open the page- this is how it will look. Thinking about a title, but not sure there's really room for one... 

The pocket flips down- and the letters are stored there.



The alphabet. With a couple of punctuation marks.
There's enough letters to spell out a few different words, and like I said their names for sure! :)
This page took a little bit of time- I had to cut 3 inch squares of cloth, then I ironed on letters I bought at Micheals (1 letter per square), then pinned the squares of materials onto felt- whatever I had left over from this quiet book project, and then zig-zagged around each letter, then cut them out with pinking shears. The tutorial I was following suggested using velcro- but I think felt against felt sticks well enough.... and if not, then I guess I will be ironing on velcro. ... or maybe their mothers will be? :)


Just one more page. I am not sure exactly what it will be yet, but there's some ideas trying to take form in my mind that will eventually result in the last page! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment