Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pages 16 & 17: Puzzles

Ok, so this page was going to be a page with a train on it, that you remove the wheels by unbuttoning them. But I just wasn't into it... so, I did this one instead! :) And I think it turned out pretty neat!

Here they are- the page on the left has pockets that contain the puzzles, and the page on the right is where you assemble the puzzles. 



The assembly square is made of felt, so are the backs of the puzzle pieces- and they stick together decently.
The pocket page. 




Talk about a learning process. I made the middle one first, but didn't bother to measure anything, just eye-balled it. And then I needed to make 2 more, so I tried to use it as a pattern, but as you can see, my other 2 pockets are just a little bit bigger. Oh well. Character matters, right?! :)

Oh, and I hand stitched the titles "Puzzle 1, 2, and 3". Not too hard, but I doubt I will sign up to do that again any time soon. Just time consuming, but it turned out quite cute! :)
Assembly page. Kinda plain, I know.


The pocket is open.

Pocket with the puzzle pieces showing...

Puzzle 3: The Helicopter assembled
Puzzle 2: The Truck assembled


Puzzle 2- showing the felt on the back of the puzzle.
Puzzle 1: The Train assembled

The puzzles weren't too bad to make. I found some printable puzzles online here, and printed them onto printable fabric, ironed on some iron on backing, and then ironed them onto the felt. Then I just cut out the pieces. No big deal, and totally adorable! :)

Oh and I chose the "easy" puzzles they have more complicated ones for older kids. I figure these are complicated enough for now! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this puzzle idea! I have a quiet book I've been working on too, check it out here:
    http://hipposanddinosaurs.blogspot.com/2010/01/our-quiet-book.html

    ReplyDelete