Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Page 6: Noah's Ark

Wow! What an adventure this page has been, but fun too! I loooooove how it turned out! The animals are adorable, if I do say so myself, AND they even all fit into the ark! (Wade knows what I am talking about here... I was certain they wouldn't all fit....)

So, I got my inspiration for this one- well all over the place, but here is the page that I "loosely" followed! I also looked online and found a quilters pattern for an ark, which is what led to the "striped" look, besides I wanted to practice my "installation of zipper" skills! :) I downloaded the animals from here for $2 (well worth it, since I don't have any drawing abilities). I used my Creative Memories Storybook Creator 3.0 software to piece together the rainbow background, printed it on ink jet friendly fabric I bought at the Walmart, and used some blue material for the background.


Ok, here are the pics...

Here's the page, zipped, and ready to go....




Here's a few of the animals looking at ya from the pocket! :)




Here's all of the animals. I couldn't leave any of them out... they were too darn cute!

Here's a close up of a few of them

I think that giraffe is my favorite, it's just so stinkin' cute!

Oh, and to make the animals have a little more "substance", I ironed fusible fleece to the back, then pinned a material on the back, and sewed around each of them, then cut them out. It was a fair amount of work, but I love the results! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment