Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quiet Books for my new nephews

So, I got this BRAINY idea that I should make quiet books for my nephews for Christmas. Quiet books are those cloth books that you often see young kids looking at/playing with during church. But they can be used for any time that you need them to be quiet.

The funny part of all of this is that I do not sew. Well, at least that was true up until a week ago when my new sewing machine arrived at my door!

Here's my new machine. I have been really happy with it since I got it last Thursday. :) It hasn't been too hard to figure out, and that is a major plus! Here's a fun story about it, I ordered it Wednesday morning from Amazon. It arrived at my house on Thursday morning. And no, I did not pay to upgrade shipping, in fact, I qualified for free shipping. Luckily for me, it came from Goodyear... who knew?! :)

Here's Wade showing me how to sew a straight seam... not sure that that particular lesson has "stuck" quite yet. But I am doing better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment